But first, its been fantastic to see the response already to the blog- over 6000 visits reads of the posts to date, plus an additional 300 twitter followers, and new subscribers to the blog-
thanks a million.
To structure the content I’ve five main categories of posts:
- Bar Reviews
My product reviews will be practical- how the spirits work in a Martini or simple mixed drink, where to buy them, some Q+A with the people behind them (where possible) and the basic facts on production and ingredients.
If I’m provided the spirits I’ll let you know- but I will not be an editorial/PR type blogger- you’ll get the straight dirt from me.
Likewise, I have no commercial arrangements or PR relations with bars or people I review.
I buy my own drinks, and aim to be supportive, but will give some tough love when required.
See my disclaimer here.
So what’s coming up includes:
- How to Make a Martini (home style)
- Food matches with Martinis
- A review of the West Winds Gin Cutlass version from WA
- A review of the Bass and Flinders Gin from the Mornington Peninsular in Victoria
- Some more Australian Single Malt Whisky reviews from guest reviewer Nathanael
- oh, and a few surprises as usual, including some guest reviews of Melbourne cocktail bars.