It’s hard to believe the year is almost at its halfway point! I hope you’ve been enjoying the range of articles lately from our guest contributors, Chris, Jens, Gavin and Jason. I’ll also be introducing a new contributor based in Tokyo, who has some exciting insights to share, so stay tuned. I’m bring up the rear with some reviews in the pipeline including those of Strangelove Tonic water range, Original Gin and several other craft spirits, both Australian and elsewhere.
If you follow me on Instagram and Facebook you’ll have seen I’ve been getting around Australia of late which gives me the opportunity to stay in touch with the distillers there and the local cocktail scene.
We resumed our popular Cocktail Hour Live broadcasts recently from Adelaide swinging past several great Gin joints so look for those videos on my Facebook page. I’m off to Perth in a few days too, and that scene is really dynamic, so look out for some updates via my social feed next week.
- June is a bit like Christmas for me as it has both World Gin Day and World Martini Day with a week or so of each other.
- Then we’re celebrating World Martini Day with something rather special. I’m hosting a Martini Masterclassat the Eiger Chalet in the Australian Alps within the Perisher Valley. Martinis in the snow! This is a great opportunity to plan a road trip and stay the weekend. Please book directly with the Chalet for this event which will be on the afternoon of June 16th.
- Canberra save the date!! We’ll be announcing shortly the details of a glamorous & exclusive Martini Soiree in partnership with HerCanberra who recently featured yours truely in a gorgeous profile article. The evening will be on July 20th in Canberra-details soon.
- Then in August I return to the fabulous Pialligo Estate, just a few minutes from Canberra’s CBD but feels like you’re in the country. I’m hosting two events: on the 4th August I’m hosting an Australian craft Single Malt and Whisky appreciation class, then on the Friday 31st August it is Martini making time! You can book directly with the Estate via the website (Martini) and here for the Whisky event.
- Places are limited for each event.
- You can also read an article about one I ran there last year in the Canberra Times here.
So I hope to see you at one of these events in the near future – plus more in the pipeline!
Until next time
PS – Today is World Whisky Day! I’ve updated recently my list of Australian Distillers with plenty more coming online soon.