Updated 16 November
Upcoming Reviews + Articles
- a look at some of the new wave Australian craft rum
- a review of the Lawrenny range of craft spirits
- some Danish craft gins
- Tokyo Gin festival Pt 2
- what’s the deal with influencers and spirits brands?
Plus these are new on the website:
- a new list of Japanese craft gins – read it here
- an article about my judging of the New Zealand Craft Spirits Awards
- a visit to St George Distillery in San Francisco Bay Area, read about it here
- a review of Bareksten Gin from Norway –read about it now
- a review of Diamond Glacier Vodka from California –read it here
- five Whisky trends to know, read it here
- a quick overview of rum styles, read it here
- judging the Western Australian craft spirits awards, read it here
- a look at French gins, read it here.
- Craft Gins of Australia on 23 November
- Please book via their website here- they book out months in advance for these events
- I’m also available for private and corporate functions – Canberra, Sydney, Southern Highlands, South Coast and Mountains, read more here about some of the things me and my team can offer.
- I’m available for private and corporate functions – Canberra, Sydney, Southern Highlands, South Coast and Mountains, read more here about some of the things me and my team can offer.
Pialligo Estate 2020 Series
- New dates for new cocktail and spirits experiences are now on their website here.
- So I’m off to the USA for several weeks (a mix of business and pleasure) and will be dropping into as many cocktail bars and distilleries as I can along the way.
- Please make sure you follow me on either Instagram or Facebook @themartiniwhisperer for a mix of pics, live updates and videos each day from the 8th or so.
- I’m going behind the scenes at You and Yours Distillery in San Diego on the afternoon of the 13th
- Then it’s off to Palm Springs for a week or so for Modernism Week adventures and I’m swinging past several great Martini spots and some local distillers there too
- Road trip time as I head up the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco and I’m in the area that gave birth (so they say) of the Martini, so I reckon there will be some libations to be had along the way. The cocktail and distilling scene is first class there so I’m very excited to visit for the first time.
- I’m also meeting up with several distillers from that area too, so look out for live updates and clips via my social media.
- Then back to Australia just in time to hop on another plane to Launceston for the QANTAS National Tourism Awards gala evening as I’m one of the national judges for this prestigious program.
- This is going to be a busy month!
- For the Canberra locals there’s a bit to choose from.
- My very popular Australian craft spirits appreciation experiences continue at the award winning Pialligo Estate, and there’s a few spots left for some of these:
- Whiskies of Australia 7/3 + 23/3 (both sold out)
- Martini Masterclass 9/3 + 28/3
- Then a night not to be missed as I return as guest judge (and even perform!) for the third year a Burlesque Idol on the 15th at the Canberra Theatre
- Then I have the honour of being one of judges for the inaugural New Zealand Craft Spirits Awards in New Zealand on the 25/26/27th.
You can see a short clip on YouTube about the Piallago Estate events via this link.
- Whiskies of Australia 6/4 (sold out)
- The Canberra Centre – special cocktail making experience 27/4
- Book on their website now!
- On the 3rd of May my team will be creating perfect Martinis at Manning Clark House in Canberra as part of this year’s Canberra Modern festival – SOLD OUT
- Then it’s down to beautiful Wildbrumby Distillery in the Snowy Mountains for a cocktail masterclass where I showcase their range of spirits and liqueurs on the 4th of May.You can book here
- At East Hotel, join me for a Martini Masterclass Experience on the 9th May. More information and to book here on their Facebook page.
- Back in Canberra for another Whiskies of Australia experience on the 18th
- And on May 22 it’s another Australian craft gin experience!
- The popular Whiskies of Australia is back on the 8th June. Best book now!!
- Don’t forget to celebrate World Gin Day on the 9th and World Martini Day on the 19th, stay tuned to my social media for live broadcasts on those days.
I’m hosting several events at Pialligo Estate (please book via their website here) this month:
- Martini Masterclass 11 July
- World of Whisky Festival 13 July
- Whiskies of Australia 20 July
- Craft Gins of Australia on 25 July
I’m hosting several events at Pialligo Estate again in August:
- Martini Masterclass 17 August
- Craft Gins of Australia on 22 August
- please book via their website here- they book out months in advance
- Westfield Woden, Martini Making Experiences 7 September
- Whiskies of Australia 26 September -book via Pialligo Estate website here
- Craft Gins of Australia 27 September -book via Pialligo Estate website here
- QT Canberra, Lucky’s Speakeasy Takeover 4 October, details here
- Holey Moley Cocktail Evening at the Royal Australian Mint, 10 October, book here
- Whiskies of Australia at Pialligo Estate on 16 October
- Australian Craft Rums Experience on 19 October
You must be logged in to post a comment.