Seems to me that this year is already off like a rocket.
So I thought it may be useful to give you a heads up on some events and other activities so don’t miss out on the fun.
- So I’m off to the USA for several weeks (a mix of business and pleasure) and will be dropping into as many cocktail bars and distilleries as I can along the way.
- Please make sure you follow me on either Instagram or Facebook @themartiniwhisperer for a mix of pics, live updates and videos each day from the 8th or so.
- I’m going behind the scenes at You and Yours Distillery in San Diego on the afternoon of the 13th
- Then it’s off to Palm Springs for a week or so for Modernism Week adventures and I’m swinging past several great Martini spots and some local distillers there too
- Road trip time as I head up the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco and I’m in the area that gave birth (so they say) of the Martini, so I reckon there will be some libations to be had along the way. The cocktail and distilling scene is first class there so I’m very excited to visit for the first time.
- I’m also meeting up with several distillers from that area too, so look out for live updates and clips via my social media.
- Then back to Australia just in time to hop on another plane to Launceston for the QANTAS National Tourism Awards gala evening as I’m one of the national judges for this prestigious program.
- This is going to be a busy month!
- For the Canberra locals there’s a bit to choose from.
- My very popular Australian craft spirits appreciation experiences continue at the award winning Pialligo Estate, and there’s a few spots left for some of these:
- Whiskies of Australia 7/3 + 23/3 (both sold out)
- Martini Master class 9/3 + 28/3
- Then a night not to be missed as I return as guest judge (and even perform!) for the third year a Burlesque Idol on the 15th at the Canberra Theatre
- Then I have the honour of being one of judges for the inaugural New Zealand Craft Spirits Awards in New Zealand.
You can see a short clip on YouTube about the Piallago Estate events via this link.
- I get a chance to catch my breath a little this month, and there are just two events so far planned with Pialligo Estate:
- Whiskies of Australia 6/4 (sold out)
- Craft Gins of Australia 11/4
- The Canberra Centre – special cocktail making experience 27/4
- On the 3rd of May my team will be creating perfect Martinis at Manning Clark House in Canberra as part of this year’s Canberra Modern festival
- Then it’s down to beautiful Wildbrumby Distillery in the Snowy Mountains for a cocktail masterclass where I showcase their range of spirits and liqueurs on the 4th of May.
- Back in Canberra for another Whiskies of Australia experience on the 18th and possibly another event too – maybe Gin!
- Then save the date for another special World Gin Day degustation dinner in Canberra on the 9th of June followed by World Martini Day on the 19th – a bit like Christmas coming early for me!
There is more besides coming up, but don’t forget that I’m off to Japan from the 4th to 15th September on my exclusive tour of the finest bars and distilleries.