We do house calls!
You can engage myself and my team for a range of event formats ranging from intimate private or corporate experiences, to large scale corporate settings.
Here is a range of what I can offer, each experience being customised to you and your guests. I have an expert team to work with me, so we can scale up from 12 to 300 guests as required.
Since each experience is unique, my rates vary on the scope of the project, so please get in touch to chat about what you have in mind.
Some of the things we’ve done recently are:
- Created the official Floriade 2019 cocktail for Underground Spirits, the Lady of the Lake
- Private Martini masterclass for 16 guests for a housewarming
- A one on one premium gin tasting experience as a surprise gift for a husband
- Creating and presenting a bespoke Martini for a business lunch club
- Presenting cocktails for Autumn to a sold out session of 60 guests at the Canberra Centre
- Curated a Cognac and Australian gin masterclass series at the exclusive Commonwealth Club for its members
- Engaged by Westfield to activate a premium fashion space in one of their centres with Martini making classes for shoppers
- Created a festive cocktail for a corporate client relations festive season function
- Presenting several cocktail making and creating a welcome cocktail as part of a corporate training day
- Engaged by the QT Canberra to do a takeover session for their premium cocktail bar, see the pics here.
You can get some more information and details below.
Craft Spirits Tasting Experiences
- I can come to you and present a flight of craft spirits to educate you and your guests on how they’re made, the people behind them and how best to enjoy them.
- These are available at $85 per person, minimum of six people.
- I offer Australian or International Craft gins, Australian Single Malt Whisky, Australian Rum or others by arrangement, such as Cognac, and the rates vary depending on what the topic is.
- I’m an experienced judge both inside and outside the craft spirits world. I have been a lead panel judge for both the New Zealand and Western Australian craft spirits awards, plus I’m the Chair of Judges for the Canberra Region Tourism Awards and other national programs.
- These intimate affairs for up to 20 people include a hands on experience for guests to craft their own Martini using a wide range of vodka’s, gins, vermouths and other special ingredients in a stylish and fun format.
- I induct the guests into the secrets of crafting a perfect Martini and they get hands on to make one of their own design under my guidance.
- The events run for about an hour and a half.
- There are three packages to choose from:
- Essentials-which features premium spirits ($85 per head)
- Top Shelf which includes some of the best spirits around including hard to get stock from around the world ($110 per head), and
- Bespoke where I create an experience that is unique for your occasion (POA)
- This includes welcome cocktail, a Martini of your own creation, spirits & garnishes et alia.
- These can be run in your own home or another premises.
- One of these public event experiences was featured in the Canberra Times in 2017.
Bespoke Cocktails Recipes
- I can design a Martini or special cocktail for a special event that is both unique and aligns to your function, event theme or guests.
- An example included one for the Street Theatre in Canberra to mark the debut of a new production, Cold Light.
- I’ve been commissioned by the Royal Australian Mint to devise special cocktails for an exhibition themed cocktail party, and Australian Parliament for the Enlighten Festival and I’ve also created a very special Martini, for the Canberra Centre
Degustation Dinner and special events
- Each year I host successful and sold out World Gin Day dinners plus other events where I create cocktails to match the menu, and host the event as MC. I’m an experienced facilitator and guest speaker and bring a polished, affable and polished style to any event.
- Recent events have included a French Gin Degustation Dinner at Hotel Realm and part of the Canberra Modern Festival.
Hospitality Staff training
- Having worked in a range of front of house restaurant and hotel manager roles for over a decade I understand hospitality very well and have never lost my admiration for the hard work and passion that goes into offering great service consistently.
- I offer sessions to take your team on how to make a Martini perfectly every time, including all the styles and garnishes, with particular focus on how to use the stock you carry to best effect, including upselling techniques.
- Masterclasses on Australian craft spirits can also be arranged.
- I can also offer a consulting service on what stock to carry and which equipment etc to have to ensure you can offer your guests a great Martini.
Gin and Australian Spirit Experiences
- Gin is the thing, and the global craze shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. I present popular sessions that run for about 2 hours where guests can sample of craft gins from around the world, plus catering, outline how its made, and the story behind each product.
- I can also arrange guest appearances by distillers.
- I also offer sessions on Cognac, plus Australian rum and whisky.
- Besides creating a bespoke cocktail for an event, I can also be part of an event including offering a range of cocktails, demonstrations, talks on spirits, and hands-on experience for guests as part of conference or team building event for 1 or 2 hours.
- One of the more memorable events in 2017 was hosting a Martini soiree for over 90 members of the Australian Parliament and heads of the national cultural institutions who just loved by Martini creations!
- I’ve also being engaged for corporate clients like the Canberra Centre, Westfield and QT Canberra for special activations and guest experiences.
TV and event appearances
- I’ve been engaged for TV as a cocktail consultant and cameoed on the Real Housewives of Melbourne (sadly my closeups didn’t make the final cut!) and been guest presenters at hospitality expos and guest judge for a range of community and entertainment events. I’ve been a guest speaker at Floriade in Canberra, and also a guest on ABC Radio and 2CC about Martinis and gin!
- Recently I did a live TV cross for Channel 9 in Perth for the craft spirits awards I was judging.
- Not to mention, my appearance at TEDx Canberra on the Cultural History of the Martini.
- You can see a summary of my many media interviews and profiles on this page.
Reviews and articles
- I offer an insightful and independent voice on craft sprits, particularly Australian, and cocktail culture generally. I can provide reviews and articles for your publication that speakers to the reader without waffle, or fan-boy gushing! I cover bars, service culture, spirits and destinations, please see my index page for my reviews.
- If you’ve a product that you’d like to be featured on my website and social media feed ( some 50,000 unique visits per month and over 10000 followers across my Instagram and facebook feeds which I update daily) please contact me.
- I also disclose if the product has been provided by the maker/distributor and reserve the right not to review the product if its of not of a high standard- rare, but it sometimes happens. I offer an independent and objective review including Q+A with the makers where possible