Updated 20 October
So here’s some dates your for your cocktail diary.
There is also a very special project I’m working on that’s around craft spirits and cocktail culture in Australia, but that’s under wraps for the moment!
Upcoming Events + News
- Look out for the next Cocktail Hour live where I broadcast via my facebook page featuring three new Canberra bars. These soirees happen each month.
- Also please book now to sip Martinis with me as part of Design Canberra’s program on the 16th November at University House- read details and book here.
- I’ll also be a guest at the Australian Distillers Association Conference (I’m now an associate member) to research for a special project I’m developing for next year!
- I’m also part of a special Gin Xmas Gift project- more details soon on that, and a contributor to a new guide on Australian and New Zealand Gins being released next year.
- Plus stay tuned for a special Gin Dinner in November in Canberra
The craft spirit craze shows no sign of slowing down, so look out for reviews and interviews about:
- 36 Short Blood Orange Gin
- Distillery Botanica Garden Gin
- Patient Wolf Gin
- Adelaide Hills 78 Gin
- Catcher & Co Distillery The Mist Truffle gin
- Wild Brumby Distillery Stallion Navy Strength Gin read review here
- Causes and Cures Semi-Dry Vermouth read review here
- Garden Tiger Gin read review here
- Three Dasher and Fisher gins from Southern Wild Distillery read review here
Please see the website Index for more articles.
Some Past Events
- I was interviewed on ABC Radio Canberra on Sunday 9 April. In case you missed it, there is a recording here on the ABC website here
- On April 21 & August 17th I was part of the fabulous Pialligo Estate as part of their new Academy program in a series of events this year. First up, I’ll be sharing (and letting you taste) a range of craft gins from around the world and explaining what makes them tick. Tickets on sale via the Pialligo Estate website. SOLD OUT
- World Gin Day Dinner! I’m back to celebrate all things gin in style after very successful events in past years. The evening of June 10 you’ll want to block out now, and I’ll be hosting a dinner with some special guests at Muse Restaurant in Canberra. SOLD OUT
- World Martini Day Masterclass to celebrate World Martini Day on the 16th, join me for a fun evening and learn how to master the most iconic of cocktails! Just a few tickets left, book via the Pialligo Estate website. SOLD OUT
- I hosted an amazing evening for the Canberra Centre in July on the 14th where I debuted a very special creation for the event: La Martini Deluxe– both masterclasses were sold out with over 80 people attending. You can see a clip from the event on my facebook page here. You can read all about it, plus a recipe here.
So I’d better get cracking then – happy cocktails friends!