Well, its April already and when I’m not stirring and sipping, I’ve been busy arranging a full program of events and reviews.
So here’s some dates your for your cocktail diary.
There’s a couple of very special projects in the works too, and I’m aiming to visit several places around Australia this year, plus Singapore, so I’ll be very much on tour exploring the good stuff spirits and cocktail culture wise to share with you.
- I was interviewed on ABC Radio Canberra on Sunday 9 April. In case you missed it, there is a recording here on the ABC website here
- Tune in each month via my facebook page for Cocktail Hour Live as I drop in unannounced at several of our national capital’s leading cocktail bars, order a Martini and see what happens. Its great fun and we’re back on the 28th April from 6.30pm AEST. More details on my facebook page and we’ll be doing them throughout the year.
- On April 21 I’m at the fabulous Pialligo Estate as part of their new Academy program in a series of events this year. First up, I’ll be sharing (and letting you taste) a range of craft gins from around the world and what makes them tick. Tickets on sale via the Pialligo Estate website.
- World Gin Day Dinner! I’m back to celebrate all things gin in style after very successful events in past years. The evening of June 10 you’ll want to block out now, and I’ll be hosting a dinner with some special guests at Muse Restaurant in Canberra.
- Next I’ll be starring at what promises to be an amazing evening for a special event at the Canberra Centre on the evening of 14 July. I can’t say more just yet, but stay tuned for details.
- I’ll be offering some additional Martini masterclasses as well along the way in Canberra and in other locations around Australia- so if you’d like me to come to your location, please get in touch.
- Looking ahead I’m hitting the road south and heading to Cooma near the Snowy Mountains for a special event in partnership with Catcher & Co Distillery We’re planning to host a fabulous evening of Martinis and food, including a master class by yours truely. Stay tuned for details!
Plus the gin and craft spirit craze shows no sign of slowing down, so look out for reviews and interviews about:
- Applewood Distillery Okar
- 36 Short Blood Orange Gin
- Adelaide Hills 78 Gin
- Underground Spirits Gin & Vodka read it here
- Santa Fe Spirits Wheeler’s Gin read it here
- Distillery Botanica Garden Gin
- Artemis Gin
- plus several new Tasmanian and Sydney releases.
Plus occasional special contributors will be adding their own reviews along the way.
So I’d better get cracking then – happy cocktails friends!