Updated 25 July
So here’s some dates your for your cocktail diary.
There’s a couple of very special projects in the works too, and I’m aiming to visit several places around Australia this year, plus Singapore, so I’ll be very much on tour exploring the good stuff spirits and cocktail culture wise to share with you.
There is also a very special project I’m working on that’s around craft spirits and cocktail culture in Australia, but that’s under wraps for the moment!
- Look out for the next Cocktail Hour live where I broadcast via my facebook page on the 7 August featuring three new Canberra bars. These soirees happen each month.
- Due to popular demand I’m hosting another Martini Masterclass at Pialligo Estate on the 17th August, details here.
- Later in year I’ll be offering craft gin and cocktail masterclass at YazzBar in nearby Yass.
- Stay tuned for details of an opportunity to sip Martinis with me as part of Design Canberra’s program in mid November.
The craft spirit craze shows no sign of slowing down, so look out for reviews and interviews about:
- Causes and Cures Semi-Dry Vermouth read review here
- Applewood Distillery Okar
- 36 Short Blood Orange Gin
- Adelaide Hills 78 Gin
- Distillery Botanica Garden Gin
- Garden Tiger Gin
- Three gins from Southern Wild Distillery
Plus occasional special contributors will be adding their own reviews along the way.
- I was interviewed on ABC Radio Canberra on Sunday 9 April. In case you missed it, there is a recording here on the ABC website here
- On April 21 I’m at the fabulous Pialligo Estate as part of their new Academy program in a series of events this year. First up, I’ll be sharing (and letting you taste) a range of craft gins from around the world and explaining what makes them tick. Tickets on sale via the Pialligo Estate website. SOLD OUT
- World Gin Day Dinner! I’m back to celebrate all things gin in style after very successful events in past years. The evening of June 10 you’ll want to block out now, and I’ll be hosting a dinner with some special guests at Muse Restaurant in Canberra. SOLD OUT
- World Martini Day Masterclass to celebrate World Martini Day on the 16th, join me for a fun evening and learn how to master the most iconic of cocktails! Just a few tickets left, book via the Pialligo Estate website. SOLD OUT
- I hosted an amazing evening for the Canberra Centre in July on the 14th where I debuted a very special creation for the event: La Martini Deluxe– both masterclasses were sold out with over 80 people attending. You can see a clip from the event on my facebook page here. You can read all about it, plus a recipe here.
So I’d better get cracking then – happy cocktails friends!